[gui-talk] Fwd: learning to write Window-eyes scripts

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat Jan 9 11:50:57 UTC 2010

 From:    Allison and Chip Orange acorange at comcast.net
 To:      gw-info at gwmicro.com

Hi all,

It seems to me that interest in WE scripts, at least writing them, has
flagged lately; it doesn't deserve to, given what a wonderful tool it really
is for accessibility, and how much effort GW has put into it.

So, in an effort to attract new scripters to the cause, I have begun a large
wiki article designed to help absolute beginners make their way towards
advanced script writing.

I bet most of you didn't even know GW had their own wiki?  That's a shame
all by itself; since those who are expert WE users here could potentially be
writing articles to help others.

Right now, almost all of the articles on the wiki are for advanced
scripters, but I'm making an effort to change that.  You don't need an
account to read anything on the GW wiki, although you do have to get one if
you want to edit or write an article, and you do have to learn something of
wiki page formatting.

If you'd like to read the article "So, You'd Like to Write a Script?", it's
at the address below:

http://tinyurl.com/yzgnovl

suggestions for how it could be changed to make it better are always
welcome, and since it's a wiki, anyone can go edit it or help out writing
it, if they have a mind to do so.

enjoy.

Chip

Regards Steve