[gui-talk] Fwd: Coming up on Main Menu for January 9, 2010

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Jan 8 10:36:05 UTC 2010

 From:    Jamie Pauls jamiepauls at sbcglobal.net
 To:      announce at acbradio.org

This week's edition of Main Menu begins with a new segment. TGIF or Tech
Goods In Five is produced by Shane Ditmar of blind-geek.net and a member of
the Main Menu team. On our Christmas show, we aired a demo of the iBill, a
new talking bank note identifier from Orbit Research. This demo was
presented courtesy of Ron Graham. This week we decided to take a closer look
at the product, so we visited with Brian of Orbit Research and asked some of
the questions you have been asking. Next we turn to gaming. We visit with
Philip Bennefall of Blast Bay Studios about a new side-scrolling action
adventure game entitled Q9. Jamie Pauls then gives a short demo of the game.
Finally, we round out this week's show with discussion of a Monopoly game
from RS Games that is quickly taking the blind community by storm. Mike
Forzano, one of the game developers, talks to us about this new Monopoly
game.

Main Menu airs on Saturdays at 1:00 UTC; that's Fridays at 8:00 Eastern time
in the U.S. Subscribe to the Main Menu podcast feed at:
http://mainmenu.acbradio.org/rss.php
Call the Main Menu comment line at (206) 338-7823
Follow Main Menu on Twitter by visiting www.twitter.com/mainmenu

Jamie Pauls
MSN: jamiepauls at hotmail.com
Skype: jamie.pauls