[gui-talk] Jaws won't say "control C" on folder names inWindowsExplorer

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Tue Jan 5 05:53:46 UTC 2010

Lloyd,

this is true in a lot of cases, but is completely irrelevant when you simply
land on a filename with your arrow key and it speaks. It's selected, then.
The only reason to involve the space bar is when you want to select
contiguous or non-contiguous files along with that one, in that folder. I
hope I'm understanding you correctly. Because on my desktop, and on every
computer I've used with every bersion of Jaws and three versions of Windows,
just landing on a filename or a folder name selects it. This has always been
true for me. If pressing the space bar now, for some reason, has the effect
of officially selecting whatever my cursor's on, that will be interesting.
But it's not gonna happen that way on my desktop, also running Win XP, I
assure you. Again, you only need to use the space bar to select when you're
selecting more than just the filename your cursor's on. Honest. If playing
with the space bar turns out to fix my problem, I'll let you know. But I
doubt it will.
runing I remember fromfilenma,me fold3eehen