[gui-talk] Jaws won't say "control C" on folder names inWindows Explorer

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Mon Jan 4 23:55:19 UTC 2010

Wayne,

I'm not sure what you mean. First of all, let's get one thing out of the
way. This has happened repeatedly, during various sessions on the computer
with plenty of shutdowns and startups, including Jaws. Unless what you mean
is that Jaws has to be exited and restarted within the same computer session
for your idea to work?

As for your second idea, that I might be in the files list view (the
right-hand pane, as I remember it from a few years ago) when I only *think*
I'm in the tree folder view pane, and that for some reason control c and so
forth won't work on a folder when you're "looking at it" where it appears at
the top of a files list view pane. I did notice that starting Windows
Explorer lands me in the files list view, from which I have to Tab back over
to the folder tree view. I don't know why this happens. Maybe it's standard,
and I've had a hotkey on my desktop to open Windows Explorer in the tree
view for so long, right on Drive C, for real((I mean as opposed to landing
on it above a list of files) that I'm confused? This is possible, although I
don't think so. I'm pretty sure I've been in the actual tree folder view
when this has happened.

When I boot up the little guy later to give myself some more practice, I'll
try this all again and try to be aware of which view or pane I'm in, rather
than assuming I'm starting on the left side in the tree view.

Mumble, mumble.-----