[gui-talk] Still hassling with my laptop keyboard

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun Jan 3 03:20:33 UTC 2010

Dave,

Maybe you're simply right, no matter what discussion has been going on in
this thread. Believe me, I've been a good touch typist since high school,
through several generations of typewriters and then more than 25  years of
computers, the last decade or so using Jaws,and now I just can't deal with
this laptop. The flatness, the lack of spacing, the way if my fingers fall
onto something wrong I screw up everything or get bounced onto the Desktop
mysteriously, etc., this is all mind-blowing. I've spent hours trying to
deal with this, despite crushing headaches from a medical problem. I just
don't think I can try anymore.

Thanks for the input. The way some people are talking, I thought if I just
concentrate hard enough and try longer, I'll figure out where to put my
hands and fingers. After all, they all say they did. But I feel like I'm
batting my head against a wall, and I can't take it anymore.

Mumble mumble