[gui-talk] Still hassling with my laptop keyboard

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sat Jan 2 18:12:55 UTC 2010

I'll keep at it, stiff upper lip and all that. But as I said to Geetha, I
can't just give up my desktop in order to train on the laptop. I have a lot
of work to do, every day. I'd have a nervous breakdown if for no other
reason I stopped using my desktop, just to sit around and sweat over the
laptop and manage to get around all it mysteries, the hair-trigger
adjustment of most of its keys and its odd propensity for suddenly going to
the Desktop just because I let a fingertip some key or other, or getting a
noisy Sticky Keys explanation when in fact I hadn't been anywhere *near* the
Shift key.

But I'll keep at it. At this point, I'm just persisting in case I wind up
again in the hospital and would like to read newspapers, do email, and work
on my writing while I'm there instead of being cast adrift.