[gui-talk] The WRN Website

Mike Freeman k7uij at panix.com
Fri Jan 1 00:16:47 UTC 2010

Greetings, everyone.

Has anyone been able to successfully navigagte and use the World Radio Network (WRN) website lately? It's at http://www.wrn.org and has live streams of many international broadcasters. Many moons ago, one could listen to live streams for North America, Asia, Europe and Africa using stand-alone players for Windows Media and Real Audio formats. No more. Now there's one of those blasted players (presumably using Flash) and one is still supposed to be able to select the stream of one's choice. However, I have only once been able to click to a place where the North American stream played live and when I saved the link, I got a 404 error the next time I tried to access it directly. Why is it that folks think it's an advance to have to click through a dozen links to get where one wants? I want to look thru at most *one* menu, select the stream of my choice and with one keystroke, fire it up! Ah, illusion.

Any help is appreciated.

Mike Freeman