[gui-talk] Not connecting to the Internet

Keith Christian keithchristian at roadrunner.com
Sun Feb 28 18:38:35 UTC 2010

Hi,

I reinstalled Windows on my kid's computer and it is not connecting to my
internet connection.  It is using a USB Lynsys network card.  We went
through the new hardware setup, installed the driver, and put in the
security key.

The system reports that the connection to the access point is made, but the
internet can not be found.  I tried to ping a few web pages and it did not
work.  When loading Internet Explorer, I get page can not be found.

The signal strength is good just no internet!

Can anyone suggest how to fix this problem?

Thanks,

Keith

formatted