[gui-talk] Cooling software solution for laptops

Geetha Shamanna geetha at millernorbert.de
Sat Feb 27 11:26:45 UTC 2010

Hello all,

My Dell XP Studio heats up to unusually high temperatures these days within
a few minutes of turning it on, and the fan makes a continuous loud hissing
noise thereafter. Before the machine crashes permanently, I would like to
install a cooling software and check if that solves the problem.

I googled for a cooling software solution and found several recommendations.
However, I do not want to end up installing the wrong software. Has anyone
here tried cooling software? If yes, which one would you recommend?

Thanks.
Geetha