[gui-talk] Fwd: Listening to the Global Voice

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Feb 26 12:52:31 UTC 2010

 From:    Geoff Shang Geoff at TheGlobalVoice.info
 To:      What's On list at The Global Voice WhatsOn at TheGlobalVoice.info

Hello,

We've made a couple of changes to the listen links on our website.

Firstly, we've received some feedback telling us that all the listen links
on the front page are too confusing for the non-technical user who just
wants to tune in.  Secondly, there are a growing number of ways to listen
to Internet Radio in general, which by extension means there's a growing
number of ways to listen to us.

So what we've done is written a separate page with all the various player
links, as well as links to other ways to listen.

On the front page, you'll now find links to play our streams with your
default player, which should work for most if not all users, plus a link
to our page with more options.

We hope this change will make it easier for people to start listening to
us, while also allowing those of you who want to choose a specific player
or explore other listening options to continue to do so.

If you know of other ways you can listen to us that you think should be on
the Tuning In page, let us know at ManagementTheGlobalVoice.info.

Cheers,
Geoff.

Geoff Shang
Technical Manager