[gui-talk] Fwd: Free webinar all about NVDA and NV Access and how it helps to close the digital divide

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Feb 26 06:38:59 UTC 2010

 From:    Mirabella, Mathew J Mathew.Mirabella at team.telstra.com
 To:      vip-l list freelists vip-l at freelists.org

Hi all.

See below about a webinar that I am presenting on Thursday morning at 8am this week.  I will be talking all about NV Access and NVDA, the free screen reader that many of you know about.  This is all done via the web and you can register to listen on the PC by going to the following link:
http://easi.cc/clinic.htm
If you can't make it at the time, let me know and I can try to get a pack and recording of the session made available.
The promo for the webinar is below.

=====

Webinar:  NVDA: Non Visual Desktop Access: The free and open source Windows Screen Reader that's closing the digital divide!

Imagine!  A free public Webinar about a free screen reader that really works and is being used by more than 8% of all screen reader users world wide in over 20 languages!  It's NVDA - it's free - it's open source - it's portable - it works on any Windows based PC - and it's functionally comparable to commercial offerings.

NV Access inc. an Australian not-for-profit organisation supports and manages NVDA.  "We believe that accessibility should not be an extra cost for the user.  Blind and vision impaired people have the right to access technology at no more cost than their sighted peers.  Our goal is to make that happen!"

So register to hear one of the founders of NV Access talk about how well managed Free & open source software can further these goals and hear how NVDA is really closing the digital divide for blind and vision impaired users across the globe.

Presenter:  Mat Mirabella, secretary and co-founder of NV Access Inc.