[gui-talk] Losing Position On Google Search Results Page

Gerald Levy bwaylimited at verizon.net
Tue Feb 16 14:52:35 UTC 2010

Using Google as my search engine with IE 8 and JAWS 9, I have lately been encountering an annoying problem on the Google search results page.  Whenever I click on one of the search results using Enter, I am taken to that page.  But when I press Alt-left arrow or select Back from the Context menu to return to the Search Results page, I am taken not to the link I just clicked on, but rather to the beginning of the search results.  Then I have to use header navigation to return to my original position on the Search Results page.  So, for example, if I select the fifth result on the page, and then return to the results page, I land at the very beginning of the search results  rather than back at the heading for the fifth result.  Strangely, this behavior doesn't seem to happen if I use Bing or Yahoo as my search engine.  What's going on?  Is there some Google setting I need to adjust  so that I am always returned to my original point of origin on the results page rather than to the beginning of the search results?  Thanks.

Gerald