[gui-talk] strange issue want some more feedback

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sun Feb 14 16:24:02 UTC 2010

Hi list members, Ken here with a question.  Posted this previously to  the
Jaws and NVDA lists, but in case someone isn't on those lists here maybe you
 can answer this question.  Today I got an email that was junk about buying
 Watches.  I've gotten about four of these and when I tried to forward it
to  terms of service at AOL and to the Spam email address for the Government,
The  Jaws screen reader couldn't tab to the buttons reply or forward or
delete in  AOL.  It went backwards to the header but when I was in the body of
the  message the tab key wouldn't advance forward to the forward button.  I
had  to wait to bring up NVDA to forward the message.  So the question is
what  is different between Jaws, Window-eyes and NVDA that Jaws can't tab
forward to  the reply, delete or forward buttons?  It was an AOL address, are
crooks  good enough that you can only be dumb enough to click the link or just
hit the  delete key?  is there a way to encode HTML in a message so that a
forward  button like to the government can't be clicked in Jaws?  Thanks.

I pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind to  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by it's
constitution.