[gui-talk] Problem with JAWS on the Internet

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 6 02:50:08 UTC 2010

I think it must be IE8 -- I have the same problem with jaws11, and I thought
it might be a new bug in jaws, but you say it fails in jaws9, so there must
be some kind of lockup in IE8 when you hit that keystroke.  (Is that the alt
key?)
Come to think of it, I have a lot of problem with IE8 locking up, even when
I do nothing.  I click on a link to load a page, and IE8 will get launched,
and I'll sit for minutes, looking at the email waiting for the page to load,
then hit alt+tab until I get to IE, kill it, then click on the link again
and it will load.  This happens so often I can almost bet on it happening
every time I open a new email containing a link.
Does anyone else have this problem?
Is there a way to configure IE to keep it from jamming?
I think it happens most often when it is the first time I load a particular
page.  But still, the frequency of lockups is really unacceptable.
Thanks for any suggestions.
--le