[gui-talk] CD burning question

Rob Tabor rob.tabor at sbcglobal.net
Wed Feb 3 04:56:22 UTC 2010

Good evening, Wayne and all,

>From my experience with Windows Media Player it will burn CD's as you say,
but only if the audio files have the metadata from which a play list can be
generated. In other words, WMP does not have files and folders as a burn
list option. Thus, it recognizes songs, not file names. Another short coming
of WMP is the burn list bar does not report the time consumed by each song,
thus leaving it to guess work as to whether you might be trying to burn too
much audio content to your CD. For example, you can not exceed 74 minutes of
audio play back time on a 650-GB CD or 80 minutes on a 700-Gb cd-rom. I
recently installed Winamp which I hope does not have these drawbacks.
Best regards
Rob Tabor
Lawrence, KS/USA