[gui-talk] Fwd: finding out about script updates for Window-eyes Users

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Dec 15 10:44:14 UTC 2010

From:    Chip Orange lists3717 at comcast.net
To:      gw-info at gwmicro.com

Hi all,

There are various reasons why the update notification for a script
you're using may not work.  the script author may switch numbering
schemes, or you may have an application specific script, and if you
reinstall set files you'll lose this script which is tied to your set
files.

In any case, I wanted to let people know about a great feature of
script central, where it will send you an email if your favorite scripts
have been updated.  I just got one today for the TeamTalk script, and
thought how nice this is.

It requires you create an account for yourself on script central, and
then go to each script's web page which you're interested in (while
being logged into your account), and choose the "add to my favorites"
link.  It will ask you then if you'd like to receive an email notification
when the script is updated.

hth,
Chip

Regards Steve