[gui-talk] Advice on accessibility of these hard drive backup products needed, quickly if possible

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Thu Dec 9 18:23:06 UTC 2010

I haven't seen any answers yet, but the point of image-based backup is
to restore things to the exact state they were in before.  There is no
merging of registry entries, for example; you restore the registry you
had.  This approach is not likely to be useful if your goal is to
install a fresh instance of Windows and then put all your applications
into it in one step, unless I'm missing some functionality in the
image-based backup software out there.