[gui-talk] Goldwave and a plug-in, Freeverb

Steve Jacobson steve.jacobson at visi.com
Wed Apr 28 13:45:09 UTC 2010

Hi,

First, when I looked at the web site, it appears that FreeVerb is a VST plug-in, so you don't have to worry about the converter that is mentioned.

Since I'm not sure which part of the process might be unclear, I am hoping I don't state the obvious.  Audio plug-ins are usually placed in a folder on your PC so that
all sound editors can find them.  Do you see other plug-ins showing up in GoldWave?  If you do, doing a file search for a file with that name might get you to the
folder where they are stored.  If you look carefully at the Gold Wave menu items that involve managing plug-ins, it might show the name of the folder there.  I have
used Gold Wave, but not for a long time now, but I do remember that plug-ins I got with other applications such as Sound Forge were recognized by Gold Wave.
You might also check the Gold Wave help file for Plug-ins as it may provide some useful information.

If you don't get any better advice than this here, you might try our Music-Talk list as someone there might know.  There is also a PC-Audio list for blind persons using
audio software, but they are not part of NFBNET and I don't have their address.  A google search may turn up a message, though, and you may find subscription
information at the end of the message.  Also, I can try to determine where my plug-ins are stored when I am at my home computer tonight, or maybe someone else
will know.

Best regards,

Steve Jacobson