[gui-talk] Enhancements Between Window-Eyes 7.1 and Window-Eyes 7.11

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Sep 25 05:29:52 UTC 2009

Below are the enhancements Between Window-Eyes 7.1 and Window-Eyes 7.11
taken from the Window-Eyes readme file.  -Steve.

-- Microsoft Office

* If the task pane was open in Microsoft Word, and you pressed an
attribute shortcut key (i.e. Control-U for underline), and the Word
task pane was open, you would not hear the attribute announcement.
This problem has been resolved.

* We fixed a problem where the PowerPoint Speed Transition combo box
and the controls in the Task Pane were not reading.

* Document Specific Settings were not working in Word 2007. This
problem has been resolved.

* Window-Eyes now reads the Office 2007 richedit/pulldowns (such as the
font name and font size) correctly.

* Check boxes in Word forms would not speak the new state when toggled
with the space bar. This problem has been resolved.

-- Internet

* We fixed a problem where Firefox 3 combo boxes could double speak out
of browse mode.

* We fixed a problem where Window-Eyes was not recognizing markup in
Benetech books (and other XHTML documents in Firefox 3.5).

-- Scripting

We fixed a problem where Keyboard.OnCursorKey was incorrectly firing
for non-cursor keys.

* Performing a Mouse.Click with a parameter indicating a double click
would only perform a single click. This problem has been resolved.

* Window-Eyes is now more efficient in determining if a script is
Unicode or not.

* If you used submenus in a Script menu, the count of menu items would
be off. If you then used a separator, for example, it would show up
one item before it should. This problem has been resolved.

* We fixed a problem where ClientPoint.WindowPoint was not working.

* We have changed the enum values of BrailleAttributeMarking to match
the set file values.

* We fixed a problem creating certain objects on 64-bit operating
systems.

* Once ClientInformation.UILanguage was set to a specific language,
either through a script or automatically by Window-Eyes, you were not
able to reset it back to -1 as the documentation indicated. Now you
can.

* Filtering a static Clips collection could cause a deadlock. This
problem has been resolved.

* We fixed a problem where a plethora of script errors would display
after restarting, logging in, and launching Window-Eyes (automatically
or manually).

* BrailleSettings.BrailleOptions was missing the property for
ShowExtraSpacing. This problem has been resolved.

* The optional FirstPress parameter of a script hotkey callback was not
always accurate. This problem has been resolved.

* We fixed a problem where you could not enable/disable, or gray/ungray
menu items without having the menu item disappear.

* Renaming a listbox list item would cause the previous list item to be
selected. This problem has been resolved.

* InsertString now functions correctly in Microsoft Office application.

* We fixed a problem where you would get "Unspecified Error" errors
when shutting down some scripts.

* There were a few browse mode verbosity settings that were not
returning the correct setting with scripting. This problem has been
resolved.

-- Miscellaneous

* We fixed a problem where the top level menus in Audible Manager were
not speaking.

* Moving the mouse between lines of text in Notepad could cause Window-
Eyes to get confused. This problem has been resolved.

* 16-bit applications using standard 16-bit edit boxes were not reading
correctly. Now they are.

* We fixed a typo in the command line help you get when running wineyes
/?

* You can now launch Window-Eyes and ZoomText in any order on either 32-
bit or 64-bit platforms.

* Window-Eyes Error Reporting continues to prove an incredible resource
for being able to solve problems quickly, thereby increasing overall
stability further and further. This version of Window-Eyes contains
over 50 resolutions for submitted reports. You help make Window-Eyes
the most stable and reliable screen reader available today. Thank you!

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com
Skype:  steve1963