[gui-talk] jaws 10 repair

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Tue Sep 15 04:06:49 UTC 2009

cubit, that is not how you do a jaws repair. You don't go to the control
panel. You don't go to add/remove programs. Please, don't tell people this.

you do it in Version 10 by either loading the program CD and choosing repair
from the options and following the prompts, or finding the exec. file if you
downloaded it from FS, clicking on it and, again, choosing the Repair option
when the Install Wizard starts up.

In either case, you just follow the prompts. You will have to reboot when
it's finished. You will probably then want to go to the Jaws Help menu
(Insert J/Help if you've got jaws running in the system tray, or just find
the help menu if you have jaws running like any other application, and chose
the option to check for updates. That will ensure that you download and
install the very latest upgrades to your version.

I hope this helps.

Do not, I repeat, do not do anything with the control panel and the
add/remove programs. This is not the right thing to do at all.

as filelaoiding laiding lo----- Original Message -----