[gui-talk] windows 7 upgrade

Rick Alfaro rick.alfaro at gmail.com
Wed Oct 28 13:09:34 UTC 2009

I just went through the same thing with my Sony Vayo desktop originally
sold in 2006 with Windows XP.  Sony is not making any W7 drivers
available for this machine either.  That kind of ticked me off as the
machine is perfectly capable of running Windows 7 since it is a dual
core machine with 2gb of memory and in fact I have Windows 7 on there
now, but it was a struggle.  The SigmaTel HD audio was not recognized at
all and even installing the latest drivers made no difference so I had
to install a Sound blaster Audigy card I had lying around and that did
the trick.  It also had trouble at first with my ATI video but a driver
update fixed that right up.  So far everything else is running great and
extremely responsive.  I haven't had any trouble with any of my software
so far but I still haven't installed K1000 and I think I may have some
trouble with it so we'll see.  I believe I would have to upgrade to V11
for Windows 7 which I am not able to do right now.