[gui-talk] Fwd: Possible outages to the Global Voice in the next few days

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Oct 28 01:39:57 UTC 2009

 From:    Geoff Shang Geoff at TheGlobalVoice.info
 To:      What's On list at The Global Voice WhatsOn at TheGlobalVoice.info

Hello,

We've received some information from our network provider which suggests
that there will be some disruptions to The Global Voice' Internet service
in the next few days.

As we understand it, these disruptions are set to occur between midnight
and 6 hours Universal Time on Thursday, Friday and Saturday, which
translates to between 8pm and 2am US Eastern, 5pm and 11pm US Pacific, on
Wednesday, Thursday and Friday evenings.

During these disruptions, all services from our server will be
unavailable.   This includes our audio streams, our web and FTP sites, our
Email services, mailing lists, and automated Twitter service.  It may be
possible for us to provide you with updates during any extended outage via
Twitter, so you may want to follow us if you haven't already
(TheGlobalVoice).

We are told that these disruptions shouldn't total more than 90 minutes
across the 3 nights, so hopefully the actual disruptions will be fairly
short.

Due to our understanding of the nature of the work that is to be
undertaken, we expect that all our services will remain running during
this time, and that as soon as connectivity is restored, our services
should be immediately available once more.  Of course, there may be
exceptions to this, and we apologise if this maintenance work results in
any of our services being offline for any length of time.

We apologise for the inconvenience this wil cause, but we are not in a
position to influence this maintenance work in any way.  Any programs that
are interrupted due to this work will be available as repeats and On
Demand in our Program Gallery.

If you have any questions about this disruption, feel free to write to me
at Geoff at TheGlobalVoice.info.

Thanks,
Geoff Shang
Technical Manager