[gui-talk] Fwd: Visit GW Micro October 29 -- 31 at ATIA 2009 Chicago

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Mon Oct 26 01:02:12 UTC 2009

Visit GW Micro October 29 -- 31 at ATIA 2009 Chicago
From:	peter at gwmicro.com
To:	gw-info at gwmicro.com

If you want to experience the latest developments from GW Micro, then come to ATIA 2009 Chicago from October 29 -- 31 at the Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center.

We will be in booth 313 demonstrating the newest from Window-Eyes -- Version 7.11 -- featuring support for Windows 7, enhanced Braille functionality, and new scripting features for end users and script authors.  Window-Eyes gives total control over what you hear and how you hear it.  With its enhanced Braille support, Window-Eyes extends control to what you feel as well.  Window-Eyes  supports 64-bit versions of Windows Vista, Windows Server 2008, and Windows 7.  Window-Eyes continues to build on the foundation of stability, performance, and reliability.

Come see the exciting new BookSense Daisy player/book reader.  BookSense plays a wide variety of file formats, including books from Audible.com, NLS, and Bookshare.  You can even play music downloaded from iTunes.  BookSense XT features 4GB of internal memory, an FM radio, and Bluetooth capability.

We will also be showing the new SenseView Light portable CCTV.  It features Organic Light Emitting Diode (OLED) technology, providing a  brighter screen that offers unsurpassed color.  SenseView Light incorporates near-distance technology, which means you can hold the unit over top of what you are viewing.

Be sure to see the Portable SenseView and Portable SenseView Duo.  With the Portable SenseView, you can zoom in and out on an image with the simple press of a button from 4x all the way up to 22.5x.  Portable SenseView Duo combines a distance camera and a close-up and handwriting camera in one device.

Desktop SenseView and Desktop SensView Xtra CCTVs feature modular components with a range of flexible options to make them easier to use.  The camera swivels to allow you to view large materials such as maps.

The new Braille Sense Plus QWERTY provides the functionality expected of a laptop, while remaining a compact, portable notetaker.  It has many of the same great features of the Braille Sense Plus, including the addition of a PC-type keyboard with 77 keys.

And, come see the rest of our stellar offerings -- Braille Sense Plus and Voice Sense.

Braille Sense Plus provides the functionality expected of a laptop, while remaining a compact, portable notetaker.  The built-in LCD screen allows both sighted and blind users to be able to read the same information.

Voice Sense gives you much of the same functionality as the Braille Sense Plus in a stylish, small notetaker that weighs a mere one-half pound.

We will also be demonstrating how to easily navigate the Schaumburg Hotel and Convention Center with a GW Micro notetaker or BookSense and ClickAndGo Wayfinding Maps.  We'll show you how to use this innovative technology.

Not only will we will be exhibiting at ATIA Chicago 2009, but several of us from GW Micro will give presentations as part of the conference.  Please make sure to attend, if you can.  Here is a list of our presentations:

Session Title:  "Notetakers for Blind Consumers - Classroom, Wayfinding and
Personal Benefits"
Session ID: AT-SI05