[gui-talk] Using Pandora Internet Radio with JAWS

Arielle Silverman arielle71 at gmail.com
Thu Oct 22 04:25:59 UTC 2009

Hi all,

Lately my boyfriend has been telling me to try Pandora Internet Radio.
Unfortunately when I first tried it, I was unable to perform even
basic commands with JFW. I could read the text of the controls, but I
could not activate them with Enter or Left Mouse Button because they
were embedded in a flash movie. I contacted Pandora tech support and
they sent me a link to an HTML version of the Pandora page so I am now
able to search for music and create and select stations to listen to.
However, they also promised me that I could use keyboard shortcuts
once in a station to pause play, adjust the volume or skip songs. I
cannot tell where to go on  the Pandora tuner page in order to use
these keyboard shortcuts. I can get to the beginning of the Flash
movie that supposedly contains the station controls, but I can't
select it or somehow get to the point where the Flash player is
responsive to keystrokes.

Does anyone have any experience using Pandora or a similar online site
that relies heavily on Flash? If so, how can you make the Flash
responsive to inputs?

Thanks!
Arielle