[gui-talk] Netbook Recommendations Wanted

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 13:25:34 UTC 2009

If you can order your netbook before Thursday's release of Windows
Seven, then do so. I say this because I've heard and read a few places
that Windows Seven uses a third more battery life on portable
computers, such as laptops and netbooks. For instance, if your netbook
has a battery life of 6 hours, Windows Seven will bring that down to 4
hours. You may be able to request that Windows XP is put on there
special even if it will come with Windows Seven. Due to this battery
usage issue, I'm not going to put Seven on my netbook. Not to mention
the fact that since Seven is so new, there likely aren't many drivers
out there for it from the software/hardware you use the most. Wait a
year on Seven, but get the netbook today.

Wayne