[gui-talk] Netbook Recommendations Wanted

Nimer nimerjaber1 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 19 04:27:52 UTC 2009

Hello,

Netbooks generally come with windows XP although some come with Linux.
Please make sure you get one running Windows XP as Linux won't run JAWS,
although in my opinion Linux beats windows a thousand times over! You
don't have much choice in processor, as they come with the atom. If you
can afford it, get two gigs of ram and not one, although one works fine.
I'd go for a ten inch screen, as that will make the keyboard a little
more comfortable as well. They can all run JAWS, as long as you get one
with the atom processor. You want to go for a regular hard drive and not
a solid-state drive as this will give you more storage.

As for applications, most of what comes with it is either junk or trial.
I am not sure what kind of software you're going to need, but you can
download most of it. I'm not sure if you are aware of this, but netbooks
do not have a CD drive. For some apps, you're going to need to use an
external USB drive.

Thanks, and if you have any further questions, please don't hesitate to ask.

Nimer J