[gui-talk] The IPod Touch

Beth Wright beth.wright at mindspring.com
Wed Oct 14 23:53:35 UTC 2009

Hi, listers.

I don't have the IPhone, but do have the new iPod touch.  It's apparently
similar to the iPhone, but I'm not sure how much.  The touch screen is
really neat.  You just set it to use VoiceOver and, when you tap the screen,
it responds with speech.  You can take notes, play music, and even browse
the web and check e-mail if you have a WiFi connection.  There are a lot of
applications you can download from the App Store, but I'm not sure which
ones work on the iPhone and which on the iPod touch.  Anyway, people aren't
exaggerating when they say it's a revolutionary technology.  I'm sure
experienced users could say a lot more.

Beth Wright