[gui-talk] Does anyone know what might be blocking NVDA from starting?

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Sun Oct 11 18:47:31 UTC 2009

Hi list members, I have put this question before, but Can anyone tell me
what is happening in Windows that won't let NVDA start?  I hear the start
sound of NVDA, then at the same time I hear a windows Error sound and then the
 NVDA shutdown.  If a screen reader like Window-eyes, Jaws, or Thunder is
running there is know error message speaking.  It's not NVDA, it's  windows.
 I uninstalled an older copy of NVDA and went and got a new one  because I
thought it was the NVDA but the new copy does the same thing.   something is
blocking NVDA from starting.  It wants to but it can't Does  anyone know
what Seting I may have to change in Windows?  I can't seem to  get help from
the NVDA site they have a kooky way of getting help.  There  doesn't seem to
be any support that you can reach with questions.

I pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind to  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by it's
constitution.