[gui-talk] Netbook

Wayne Merritt wcmerritt at gmail.com
Fri Oct 2 03:37:12 UTC 2009

I'm using an Asus EEE PC 1000HE netbook with JAWS 10 and JAWS runs
great. I've had the netbook for about a month and have really enjoyed
carrying around only 3 pounds, verses 4-6 pounds, of stuff per day. I
recommend getting the 2 gigs of Ram for the netbook, since this will
help JAWS and other programs run better than the 1 gig of factory
installed ram. Otherwise, I've been very pleased with the investment.
Incidentally, the netbook I have has an advertised battery life of 9.5
hours. While it hasn't lasted that long yet, I can easily use it over
a day or two without needing to charge it, though I plug it in most
nights just so I can start out with a full charge. Also, if you turn
the screen/monitor off, then you can gain some more battery life.

Hth,
Wayne