[gui-talk] Windows Media Player unknown error

Jennifer Aberdeen freespirit328 at gmail.com
Tue Nov 24 01:42:35 UTC 2009

Hi all,

I'm trying to rip CDs to WMP, but every time I hit enter on the Rip music button, WMP won't do it. I get a message saying:

Windows Media Player encountered an unknown error. This can occur when another program or operating system component encounters a problem but does not communicate the nature of the problem with the player.

I am using Windows XP Media Center Edition and WMP 10.

I tried re-installing the program, but that didn't help.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Jen