[gui-talk] too much clutte so will try it here.r

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Fri Nov 20 12:27:15 UTC 2009

Hi List members have a question that I can't get an answer to because of
the clutter on another list.  I recently installed an NVDA screen reader  and
when I tried to start it the thing didn't run.  I learned that I had to
delete a dot ini file and when I did it worked fine.  Wednesday it came  back
and when I deleted it again the screen reader ran but all settings were
lost.  I asked on the NVDA list for a answer to how to keep that from
happening again, but yesterday's digest was a 263 KB attachment and the answer  was
about half way through a message with no headings or ways to easily find
what you want to read.  Between the replies to a topic about getting auto
replies, and the whole speech about the scripting mailing list and contacting
list owner and sending to the list repeating multiple times once for each
message in a topic,  there was no way to find what I wanted to read or even
if my question was answered.  I asked the question again, but today was
another attachment.  When the message traffic is to big to fit in a digest  it
comes that way.  The Window-eyes digest is the same way, so I didn't  even
download it.  I have to download it and read it offline because AOL  says
it's too big to open.  So How do I keep that Dot ini file from coming  back and
stopping NVDA?  Sorry if this is off topic for this list, but  there is
just too much traffic to get my question answered on the NVDA list and  too
much  is the kind of thing where there is a complaint and when someone  says
something about how these auto replies are a problem you get a reply then a
reply to that and a reply to that and on it goes.  Hope someone can answer
my question here.

I pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind to  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by it's
constitution.