[gui-talk] A great alternative to Pandora

Kenlawrence124 at aol.com Kenlawrence124 at aol.com
Thu Nov 12 22:05:11 UTC 2009

Hi list members, Ken here.  A recent post to the Gui-talk list brought  up
Pandora Internet Radio, and a string of posts recently brought up the CD
baby  upgrade that has left blind out.  Both of these are because of the
dreaded  flash applications that screen readers can't see.  While we work on CD
baby, here is an alternative to Pandora.  Especially since it appears that
pandora is of the opinion that they must be financially stable before the
access  issue can be addressed.  It will mean years before we have access to
it.  So to get there attention let's take our Internet listening of a
personalized nature elsewhere.  Visit _www.last.fm_ (http://www.last.fm)  and join
it.  When you first sign  up, go to where it says profile and you will see
a edit field where you type all  the artists you want separating each with a
comma.  The functionality is  very much like Pandora.  I can't listen
cleanly myself because of Dial up  but based on the artists I entered I tested
four or five stations and Boy!   I can hardly wait to ditch dial up.  So until
we win the fight with
CD baby and Pandora _www.last.fm_ (http://www.last.fm)  and  enjoy.

I pledge to  participate actively in the efforts of the national federation
of the blind to  achieve equality, opportunity, and security for the blind;
to support the  policies and programs of the federation; and abide by it's
constitution.