[gui-talk] How to set up a new laptop with Jaws?

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Fri Nov 6 03:28:07 UTC 2009

Wayne,

well, I'm afraid I don't have an authorization number anywhere I can
remember, unless I've kept it written down in some file I've forgotten
about, years ago. I've never had to use it, or not for many versions. They
just seem to recognize me and my Jaws authorization as they install, and
never have I had to run in demo mode. And no, I haven't yet received the DVD
of Jaws 11 anyway, and if I had it my sighted friend would have to input the
number or tell it to me to type in, because I can't see the numbers nor read
Braille.

So you see, installing jaws 11 on the new machine will wind up being a
problem until I call FS Monday, starting with the toll-free sales line to
see if they'll help me first for free, phone wise, and get it going for
real.I can't deal with running in demo mode. I just can't.

Oh, boy. This isn't going to be that much fun, I'm afraid. Unless I can find
that authorization code in a file somewhere...
anywya,the DVED ----- Original Message -----