[gui-talk] Fwd: Word Accent script for Window-Eyes

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Wed Nov 4 11:19:43 UTC 2009

From:	Doug Geoffray
To:	gw-scripting at gwmicro.com

As many of you know we created the Word Accent script to allow you to enter accented characters in Microsoft Word.  This was to get around a bug within Word that our enhanced Word support brings out which blocks the normal Word functionality.  After announcing this script some time ago we were asked if the script could be made to work with any application.  I'm happy to report we just put up version 1.4 of the Word Accent script which is now a global script and can be used in any control which has a cursor.  This basically means if you can type in text you can use this script to enter accented characters.  If you are a person who needs to enter accented characters in Word or any other application you may want to consider this updated version.  This updated version does require Window-Eyes 7.11.  The script help is as follows:

This global script allows you to enter diacritical marks in any control with a cursor.  The process is based on Microsoft Word.  There are nine hotkeys by default allowing you to insert nine types of accented characters.  Although all nine keys can be defined to your choice of keystrokes, the following are defined by default:

Pressing control-accent grave followed by a lower or upper case vowel will create the vowel with an accent grave.

Pressing control-apostrophe followed by a lower or upper vowel or y will create the character with an acute accent.

Pressing control-shift-caret followed by a lower or upper case vowel will create the vowel with a circumflex.

Pressing control-shift-tilde followed by lower or upper a, o or n will create the character with a tilde.

Pressing control-shift-colon followed by a lower or upper vowel or y will create the character with an umlaut.

Pressing control-shift-at sign followed by a lower or upper a will create the a with a ring above.

Pressing control-shift-ampersand followed by a lower or upper a or o will create æ and œ follow it with an s to get a ß.

Pressing control-comma followed by a lower or upper c will create a cedilla.

Pressing control-apostrophe followed by a lower or upper d will create a slashed o.

Regards,
Doug

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net