[gui-talk] another autonomous navigating vehicle

qubit lauraeaves at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 2 23:46:34 UTC 2009

good observation Doug... I'm also thinking of the dilemma situations in
which a fender bender is imminent which has an equal probability of injuring
one or another person or an animal or the car or crash into a building or
something -- how would the car be programmed to handle complex situations
where danger is involved? I am reminded of the cardinal rules (or whatever
they were called) in "I Robot", the breaking of which implied that the one
robot actually had what could be termed a soul.  Anyway, all in the realm of
sci-fi -- but if they think I'm going to get in and "drive" a car in the
mountains, they'd better consider all the possible questions.
I forwarded the article on to the sci-tech list.
--le