[gui-talk] JAWS scripts for Skype 4.1 posted

Doug Lee dgl at dlee.org
Thu May 28 16:58:58 UTC 2009

We may have ourselves an accidental mixing of apples and oranges here. :-)

The Space-to-select, then Del-to-delete suggestion I gave is only for
the Contact and Conversations lists, not the History list.  The
behavior of Del is the same in either Compact or Default views; you
still have to select first.  I consider this a bug in Skype 4, but one
I keep forgetting to raise with sufficient volume since I scripted
around it by taking over the Del key myself.

When you said you were trying to avoid a long history of calls, you
may have just meant a long Conversation list.  If so, the above
applies; but if not, the below does.

History does not allow deletion in Skype 4 as it did in Skype 3 as far
as I know.  I think you can choose how long to keep it, and maybe
setting that to "never" will clear it out; but I don't know a way to
pick off specific items.  That would be why Select All + Delete didn't
do anything for you in that list.  The History list is the one you get
from Ctrl+8 with scripts running, or Alt+3 without.