[gui-talk] JAWS scripts for Skype 4.1 posted

Chris & Doris chipmunks at gmx.net
Wed May 27 22:48:20 UTC 2009

Hi,

A few remarks on this.

The download page you give for the skype 4.1 beta only has the active
setup file that is about 2 megs in size and not the full 22-meg setup
package. i needed to find this by googling for it.

I found myself a portable version of skype 4.1 beta rather than
installing it over my current 3.8 install.

I had a quick look and runthru of the settings and the program ad
found it usable. I did not install the latest scripts for the program
as I want to continue using skype 3.8 as my main version for now and
also wantted to see how skype 4.1 fares without scripts and with such
offerings as nvda.

I find skype 4.1 different enough from 3.8 - even with all the
changes like switching to compact mode that make it similar to 3.8 -
that i would like to have a tutoiral for it.
  Is there any such tutoiral or podcast out or in the works on skype 4.1?
Finally, i have a direct question on the use of 4.1: How do I delete
entries under conversations for a given contact? I tried my delete
key but this did not work. i called the echo service several times
during my setup of 4.1 and wanted to get rid off those entries but
found I could not.

Thanks much and God Bless,

Doris