[gui-talk] A glitch in the righteous posture? (was Reading Rights Coalition Denounces Random House)

albert griffith albertgriffith at sbcglobal.net
Fri May 22 18:07:26 UTC 2009

If authors can't withhold the rights to text to speech we'll be able to
purchase books we can hear at the same price as the sighted.  When human
readers provide the service it adds to the price of the book necessarily.
The Kendle will have performed a service similar to scanning a book to be
read with a speech synthesizer and save us a step in the process.  This
won't cost the publisher anything more than he spends on traditional printed
texts.