[gui-talk] IE 8 problem

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Sun May 10 00:01:11 UTC 2009

this probably hasn't anything to do with Vista, per se. If I simply launch
Internet Explorer from its icon on my desktop instead of using the hotkey
I've devised for doing that, it opens as a smallish window on the desktop,
too, witch of course I immediately maximize by pressing alt spacebar x, but
the same doesn't happen if I launch IE using my shortcut keystroke. I don't
know how to change the parameters for how a shortcut launches something like
that. I only know how to configure a shortcut command associated with such
an icon, including specifying that it open full size.

I ought to be more clear about saying that I don't think it has to do with
any specific Web page, either, although that's what you're thinking of when
you do this. It's launching another instance of your browser, whichever that
is, and it's treating this like opening any program for which it's
instructed not to open in a full size window.
opening
Good luck.