[gui-talk] IBM Thinkpad T23 Without windows Key

Chris & Doris chipmunks at gmx.net
Sun May 3 09:56:58 UTC 2009

HI,

We have an IBM Thinkpad t23 notebook that we bought refurbished
several years ago. the t23's keyboard comes without a windows logo
key. However, there is a Thinkpad utility program available that
allows remapping of keys and the default for this is to remap the
right alt key as a windows key. We have tried to run this utility but
have not been able to get it to work.

We do not want to use a generic keyboard remapping utility because we
do not want to change the layout of keys when an external keyboard is
plugged in. The proprietrary Thinkpad keyboard customizer utility
allows differentiation between the notebook's own and an external keyboard.

Does anyone have any suggestions and/or know the quirks of an IBM
Thinkpad? The notebook is long since out of warranty.

the notebook is running windows xp sp3 pro with all updates installed
and the languageas well as the keyboard is set to US English.

Thanks much.

Doris