[gui-talk] Fwd: The newest and best technology for the blind show comes to the internet, on The Global Voice

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Sat May 2 13:19:47 UTC 2009

 From:    Geoff Shang Geoff at TheGlobalVoice.info
 To:      whatson at theglobalvoice.info

Hi everyone,

The Global voice, on the web at www.theglobalvoice.info, is proud to present
Innovations, a show about technology and how blind people use it.
Innovations is a one hour, weekly show which discusses technology, main
stream as well as blindness specific, and how blind people use it. It will
include interviews, demonstrations, tutorials and tech news.
This week we will feature two of our sponsors.
First,we will feature an interview about, and a demonstration of the
webradio from www.solutionsradio.com.
That is a very cool device, and you can even win one by entering our short
story contest. Go to our website for more information.
The second segment we will feature is part one of a 3 part tutorial about
Station Playlist Studio,and Station list creator, on the web at
www.stationplaylist.com, one of our other sponsors.
It is a professional play out system for broadcasting, and I absolutely love
it.
This segment of Innovations will air 4 times during the week, to accommodate
different time zones.
The first airing is tomorrow, Sunday at 7UTC, which is 9am in Central
Europe, 3am US Eastern and 7pm in New Zealand.
The second airing will be on Tuesday at 17UTC, that's 7pm in Central Europe,
1pm US Eastern and 5am on Wednesday in New Zealand.
Our third airing will be on Thursday at midnight Universal, that is 2am in
Central Europe on Thursday morning, 8pm on Wednesday US Eastern, and mid day
on Thursday in New Zealand.
Our final airing will be on Friday at 14UTC, that's 4pm in Central Europe,
10am US eastern and 2am Saturday morning in New Zealand.
Confused? Well, you can go to our website and view our schedule in your own
time zone.
You can also subscribe to our 2 public mailing lists:
1 - What's On -- our announcements only list, telling you about programming
and special events on our station. To subscribe, send a blank e mail to
whatson-subscribe at theglobalvoice.info
2. The Lounge -- here you can get program announcements, as well is interact
with other listeners and broadcasters. To subscribe, send a blank e mail to
thelounge-subscribe at theglobalvoice.info

You can always send an e mail to the innovations team by writing to
innovations at theglobalvoice.info

If you feel that you would like to contribute content  to Innovations, feel
free to subscribe to our innovations team list by sending a blank e mail to
innovations-team-subscribe at theglobalvoice.info

We hope you will join Chrissie Cochrane  for Innovations, only on The Global
Voice.
Sincerely,
Naama Erez
executive producer