[gui-talk] .vdjvu File Format

Chris & Doris chipmunks at gmx.net
Thu Mar 19 05:56:18 UTC 2009

I have several texts in the above .djvu format that I need to access.

I had never seen this file type befoer and had to google for it. I
know it is a compressed image file type that is used to store
electronic documents similar to pdf but using different compression
and obviously being a different file format.

Does anyone know of an accessible - and preferably free as I do not
foresee using this often - viewer software for this type of file or
for a software to convert it to another format that we can access
with screenreaders? Even a converter to just plain text would be
appreciated at this point.

Thanks much and God Bless,

Doris