[gui-talk] Real alternative and volume control

David Andrews dandrews at visi.com
Sun Mar 15 06:00:16 UTC 2009

There is volume control for your sound card, which may be set
low.  Do a control-escape to get to start menu, then programs,
accessories, entertainment, then volume control.  You should be on
master volume, balance, which is a slider control.  Tab once and it
will say volume, and give you a number.  You can increase or decrease
it, with arrow keys, or page up and page down for larger moves, then
alt-f4 to exit.

Dave