[gui-talk] Switching To Windows EyesSwitching To Window Eyes IThink?

denise avant dravant at ameritech.net
Mon Mar 9 16:19:01 UTC 2009

hello,
you might want to ask around on some of the lists including this one or the jfw list about your problem before yu switch. there is going to be a learning curve, though with dwindoweyes its not very steep i don't think. but it still will take you some time.
one other thing you may want to consider is under what circumstances you are using your screen reader. Is it for work or at home. I was and still do use Windoweyes. However, i really needed my screen reader for work, and some years back i had to switch from windoweyes to jfw because there initially was no braille display support, but that has long been remedied by gw micro. but my agency uses wordperfect and not word, and once in a while, the agency would upgrade to a newer version of wordperfect. it was jfw that worked with the newer version of wordperfect several months before windoweyes. you have to assess what your needs are.
i miss the great tech support at gw as the support team is knowledgeable about its product and what it will do and will not do with the different operating systems and programs.
i find the jfw interface easier to use - as it can take some time to go into windoweyes control panel and change stuff to your liking.