[gui-talk] Problem Using Thunderbird with Vista

Steve Pattison srp at internode.on.net
Fri Mar 6 15:18:56 UTC 2009

Hi Raul,

Thanks for letting me know.  This confirms to me that this problem is
particular to my computer and not a Thunderbird issue.  I've tried
Thunderbird 2, the latest beta of Thunderbird 3 and Eudora 8 and all of
them won't work on my PC using Vista Home Premium.  When all three
programs try to start I hear Window-Eyes say "App Starting" but the
programs don't completely start.  In fact I have to forceably close the
.EXE file of all three programs by going into a program I use called
Process Explorer which is a replacement for the Windows task manager.
Windows can be frustrating at times!

Regards Steve
Email:  srp at internode.on.net
MSN Messenger:  internetuser383 at hotmail.com