[gui-talk] FaceBook and MySpace

Kris khickerson at charter.net
Sun Jul 26 00:24:15 UTC 2009

    Ok, everyone, I admit I'm uninformed when it comes to these two
websites.  I just never took an interest in them, but now there is so much
talk that I'm beginning to think I need to learn a little more.

Last year everyone was talking about MySpace.  Now this year it's FaceBook.
What exactly is the difference between the two and why would you want or
need to use one over the other?  Is there any reason you would need to use
both?  I'm not even sure that I want to consider Twitter,but I'm starting to
get a little curious about FaceBook.  However, not knowing, I wonder if I
need to investigate MySpace, too.  This is getting rediculous.  How do
people have time for all this stuff?  I'm retired and I still don't always
get everything done that I need to on the computer.  It seems to me that
these sites would just clutter up and complicate one's life!

Thanks for any info.

Kris