[gui-talk] KNFB Reader 6.1

Rafal Charlampowicz rafalchar at gmail.com
Fri Jul 24 18:34:16 UTC 2009

Hi,

    Today I've installed KNFB Reader Mobile 6.1.
I'm a bit disappointed. I hoped the software would finally allow to take
pictures and recognize them later as a whole group of pictures (terribly
useful when you have to read a longer document and you have someone nearby
to take pictures) instead of that you get a system of submenus in which new
commands are not added (I haven't noticed yeat) and some of those you know
now are operated by other keys.
The only advantage I've noticed is using 1 and 2 kays to take pictures.
Cursor keys were really troublesome when you shifted from a vertical mode to
the horisontal one.
I don't want to sound to much critical, because I do like the software, but
I'm also glad it has competition now. Perhaps a real development will start.
I wonder what are your opinions about the new KNFB Reader. In my opinion the
software is crucial for blind individuals so it's worth talking about.

--
Greetings
Rafal

Orientations aids: