[gui-talk] Looking for instructions for understandingFacebooknonvisually

Lloyd Rasmussen lras at sprynet.com
Wed Jul 22 12:07:12 UTC 2009

The captcha is one of the disadvantages of working with Facebook.  Many
things have changed since the AFB article was written, but their discussion
of the captcha and the alternative procedure where they send a text message
to a cell phone of your choosing is still accurate.  Since I haven't gone
the texting route yet, I get a captcha for almost every friend request I do.
I don't solve all of their audio captchas on the first try, but I find them
much easier than some others I have encountered.  Busy corporations can
certainly be unresponsive sometimes.

Lloyd Rasmussen, Kensington, Maryland
Home:  http://lras.home.sprynet.com
Work:  http://www.loc.gov/nls