[gui-talk] How to open Web link as new tab? I forgot.

Joel Deutsch jdeutsch at dslextreme.com
Mon Jul 13 16:49:55 UTC 2009

Cathy Ann,

So you're recommending the very same combination of keystrokes that I know
to use when clicking on an item in my Favorites list. Same deal. I didn't
think Google itself offered anything at all in this regard. Sorry if what I
said sounded as if I did. Not so.

As I'm sure you know, and this is off point in regard to my actual concern
here, but in IE7 you can also run a simple Google search without loading the
actual Google search page by simply being on any Web page then pressing
Control E, which will give you a nice little edit bok into which you can
type your search terms. There, you can choose either to just hit Enter,
which will open the results page itself as a new link, or you can hit alt
Enter in order to open it as a tab page.

But, as I said, that's off point.

Thanks. I'll try again. When I tried control enter and control shift enter
on a Google return link yesterday, nothing happened for some reason.
.Conteithe pretty conncern ooint