[gui-talk] USB Problem

Debbi Williamson debbi107 at atlanticbb.net
Tue Jul 7 10:26:47 UTC 2009

I am running XP Professional, JAWS 10 and am having a problem.  When I plug
things into the usb ports at the back of my computer, they don't seem to
work anymore.  While I get the two-toned beeps when I connect my printer,
nothing will print.  When I plug in my victor stream, I only get one tone
and the stream is not recognized.  There are three or four ports back there
and none seems to work consistently.  In desperation, I plugged my printer
into one of the ports at the front and wwas able to print.  But, tht doesn't
seem to work consistently for the Stream.  I don't know why my usb's in the
back stopped working and I don't know what to do to fix the whole mess.  I
hope someone has a suggestion?  This computer is only 2 years old and I
really do not want to try to replace.  Thanks for any help you can offer.